Sunday, February 4, 2018

Regan Grimes ifbb Pro




In the Rx Rising Muscle series we will 
l take a more global look on what’s going on in the fitness and bodybuilding world. We will present the hard and dedicated athletes that are on the rise to greater success.
Our first athlete in our series is one of Canada’s most promising younger bodybuilders of today, Regan Grimes.





At Regan’s latest competition he took 1st place in junior bodybuilding plus 1st in men's bodybuilding in the heavyweight class and the 1st place men's overall at the Luchka/OBrien Classic bodybuilding and fitness show in Mississauga, Ontario.

Name: Regan Grimes
Age: 20 
Country: Canada
City: London (in Southwestern Ontario)
Occupation: Bodybuilder and business owner 
Height: 5’11 ½” 
Weight: On stage: 210 lbs. Previous off season: 250 lbs.


RX: Regan, could you please tell us what got you into weight training in the first place, and when did you decide and what inspired you to become a competitive bodybuilder?
RG: The reason I started training was to get bigger and stronger for racing motocross. I started lifting weights and loved it. Seeing results and changes in my body got me hooked! After about a year of lifting I decided to do my first show! Ever since I competed in my first show I knew that this sport was for me.
The person I most wanted to be when I started was Antoine Valliant! He has a killer physique!

RX: Do you remember the first time you entered a gym, and could you tell us about that experience?
RG: I remember going to the gym for the first couple of times, using an application on my phone. I would type in the muscle group that I wanted to work out and it would give me a demonstration of the exercises I could do!


RX: How did it go?
RG: This was a great way to make sure my form was right and I was working the right muscles for that day, and the app was free!

RX: What are you future goals – and where do you see yourself in ten years?
RG: I believe that I will be an IFBB Professional bodybuilder, a successful business owner, and married with a beautiful family of my own!






RX: A fictional scenario; It’s September and time for the annual Mr. Olympia. Who of all the athletes who has won the title in solid conditioning of all the eras would you switch your body with and compete on the day of the competition?
RG: Kevin Levrone. He had such a classic physique… small waist, huge shoulders, and huge legs. His proportions and muscle bellies were unbeatable in my opinion. He is a huge inspiration.

RX: When are you planning to compete again?
RG: The next time I compete will be Canadian Nationals 2015, Junior Men's heavyweight or Men's super heavyweight.
My goal is to pack on 20-30 lbs. stage weight this off season. I believe with an additional 20-30 lbs. to my physique I will be a very competitive candidate for a top spot at the Canadian Nationals.

RX: Do you have any advice to young guys and girls who want to start weight training but who might feel insecure about their first workout session?
RG: They need to remember that everyone starts somewhere. And if they need help and guidance that there are personal trainers at every gym willing to help.



favorite things to do when you’re not working out?
RG: I love to eat!!!! Going out for food with family and friends is my favorite. My business is my full-time job and I also enjoy going to the beach, movie theater, traveling and spending time with my girlfriend, Victoria D'Ariano.

RX: Do you have any special plans this summer?
RG: My girlfriend and I own a Gym Apparel and Accessories company called BOOM Apparel Worldwide and we are coming out with tons of new products and expanding our business. You can check us out on:


instagram Regan Grimes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Glutamine: A Secret To Gaining Muscle!

Glutamine can help prevent muscle catabolism, promote muscle anabolism, enhances the immune system, and enhances glycogen storage. Learn h...